Sunday 26 August 2012

Neil Armstrong


Just heard that Neil Armstrong has died at the age of 82, following heart surgery and although I never knew him I felt a little sad. Being the first man on the Moon is quite a title...

Of course I have never thought I would actually go to the moon but I have always dreamt that one day I would win a golden ticket for a luna expedition.

Since the begining of time people have looked at the moon and dreamt of standing on its surface.....So here's to Neil the first man to make the dream a reality...


4 comments:

Nomadic Tara said...

What an incredible life he had :0)

quietmind279 said...

What an amazing thing...to not only have BEEN on the moon, but to be ther first person EVER to be on the moon. I love the reflection in his helmet also. What a great piece of history...

Miri boheme said...

I saw a quotation of his today about how he felt when he took those famous first steps. Something like (I'm paraphrasing because I'm too lazy to look it up) Pilots don't care about walking. Pilots care about flying. It actually made me cry.

Suzanne said...

RIP Neil