Thursday 21 August 2014

Childrens room Inspiration: Teepee Den's

Childrens room Inspiration: Teepee Den with Faux Camp Fire
Children's Bedroom with Teepee Den
Elle Deco UK - modern children's rooms - styling Alex Kristal photo Jake Curtis
Kids Teepee via freunde von freunden
No sew Teepee
Teepee in Parents room

I don't know about you but when I was a kid I loved making dens/spaceships with my sister out of chairs and blankets. I was always so sad that I had to take down my secret spaceship  at the end of the day. Now I have little Alex I have been looking for kids room inspiration on Pinterrest and have found these awesome Teepees that look so awesome I am sure any adult would be happy to have one of these up in the sitting room as a permanent feature and I would love for him to have a special 'No Adults' space.

Dens and den building are really important to encourage children's imagination and sense of self and are sadly child psychologists have said that imaginative play is sadly becoming less and less common in todays ipad/t.v culture where adults have less time to spend with their children. So go on put down the remote and build your kid a den :)


p.s A campfire like the one in the third picture  is available from The Land Of Nod
Campfire set from the land of Nod

4 comments:

My Grama's Soul said...

To heck with the "wee Kids".....I want my own tent in my backyard. LOL

Jo

George Quinn | Stair Parts Plus said...

Ooo. This post sure brings back memories. of course, I was never so good to design such a tend, but I surely enjoyed those times :)

Anonymous said...

Any idea where to source the fabulous orange tones rug in the second photo from the top?
I love your blog. -Rebecca

Moon to Moon said...

Hey, a good site for these rugs is Beyond Marrakesh. Danielle the owner has a great selection..link below
http://beyondmarrakech.com